1. The Art Gallery of Nova Scotia is hosting a Family Day on Sunday. Bring the kids and come create your own layered works of art using a combination of painting, photography and drawing inspired by Mary Pratt.
2. Sunday is World Snow Day and the local ski resorts are celebrating. There will be toboggan races and hot chocolate at Wentworth and a Mini Jam in the park at Martock. Even if you don’t ski, it’s a perfect reason to get out and have some snow fun!
3. The classic tale of Cinderella is on stage down in Windsor this weekend. This family friendly production by the Quick-as-a-Wink theatre group is worth the drive for any little princess in your house.
4. If you haven’t been to the new Central library on Spring Garden road yet, this weekend would be a good time to check it out. Don’t miss the morning puppet show or family crafernoon plus while you’re there you can schedule some time at one of their ipad or xbox stations.
5. The Young Naturalists Club of Halifax is a fun and free nature club for kids age 7-12. Their first meeting of the year is on Saturday and the theme is all about astronomy and the many puzzles and mysteries of our solar system so come check it out.