1. If you’re up for a bit of a road trip this weekend, head to Parrsboro for the their Geology Dinosaur Walk! Meet at the Fundy Geological Museum and head out with their team for an exciting excursion to learn more about the giants that roamed our shores!
The Little Fishers Club is back on the Bedford waterfront this summer! If you haven’t checked it out before try to this summer. It is on Friday evenings 6–8 pm, starting this week. It’s open to children of all ages and the evening includes a half-hour of fishing, two hotdogs and a bottle of water, and prizes. Some evenings will include small workshops on cleaning fish, tackle box safety, life jacket safety, etc. The goal is to get the children away from technology and back outdoors, spending quality family time.
3. It’s the 18th annual Manulife Dragon Boat Festival on Saturday at Lake Banook! Over 40 teams from a wide range of companies and organizations will participate in the 200 metre races. It’s a sight to see!
4. The Jazz Festival is on! From the public gardens, to the main stage and the hydrostone there are lots of great venues and artists to check out. And plenty of free concerts! Families might want to check out Splash! Bang! Boom! which offers free rides aboard Theodore Tugboat with an introduction to jazz. The festival has a kid reporter this year, Anneke Stroink, you can check out her first day report here.
5. It’s the Lebanese Festival! Enjoy Authentic Lebanese Food, Traditional Dance Performances and a Live Lebanese Band! Take in the exhibits and shop for handcrafted work at the Artisan Gift Shop or visit Al-Arz Cafe known for its coffee and baklava. Yalla!
6. Join Ducks Unlimited Canada and the Shubenacadie Wildlife Park on Saturday for Duck Day! Have lunch at the free BBQ, meet critters from the Maritime Reptile Zoo, learn to fish, go critter dipping, get your face painted, build a song bird nest-box, and more.