1. Join the Chebucto Symphony Orchestra and friends for their annual family matinee concert featuring wizards, wolves and wonder! The performance is at 2:00 p.m. on Saturday at St. Matthew’s United Church (Barrington Street, Halifax).
To the delight of old and young alike, the orchestra will perform music from Harry Potter and the classical children’s favourite, Peter and the Wolf by Prokofiev.
2. Watch as your favourite stories come to life, this weekend with the popular Where the Wild Things Are! At the Captain William Spry Library on Saturday!
3. See how our ancestors would have prepared food for the family over the open hearth at Ross Farm this weekend! Savour the aroma of food cooking on the open hearth. Sample some of the dishes!
4. Join CBC for a day of fun, music, dancing, skiing, snowboarding and CBC mascots at the 3rd annual CBC Snow Day at Ski Martock! Meet CBC hosts Tom Murphy, Amy Smith and meteorologist Kalin Mitchell, spin the CBC prize wheel to win CBC swag and enjoy a free concert by Hal Bruce known for his “One Man, One Guitar…Big Sound” approach to musical entertainment!. Meet and have your picture taken with Kids’ CBC Bo on the Go and Max of Monster Math Squad!
5. Get creative and try a modern, polymer clay version of the traditional Italian glasswork art Millefiori, meaning “thousand flowers.” In this workshop you will create your own one-of-a-kind Millefiori pen. All supplies are provided!