1. Back for another great year, this is definitely one event you don’t want to miss! Saturday is Open City Day and boy do they have a lot planned. Special offers, free admission, back door take-out from loads of restaurants and so much more.
Visit the I Love Local website to check out the schedule of events and plan your super awesome Halifax day accordingly!
2. On Saturday from 10am-4pm join NSCAD U for a fun-filled day of hands-on art making activities with Artist for a Day! Find out what it’s like to be an artist, if only for a day! Activities include: weaving, dyeing, drawing, painting, sculpting and pottery making. All activities inside and outside of NSCAD University’s Port Campus, 1107 Marginal Rd., Halifax.
3. Head to Grace United Church in Dartmouth on Saturday for the second annual Dartmouth Cookie Jam which brings together amateur bakers and pro eaters to swap, sell and compete for best cookie in 8 delicious categories with fabulous locally-sourced prizes. Bakers bring 26 cookies and take home 12 of their choice from other bakers, while tasters pay $3 for the privilege of choosing 6 to take home. There will be coffee, tea and milk on-hand, and activities for kids!
4. Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms out there! Check out our special blog full of great ideas to celebrate your mom, or pass on to those who might need some ideas on how to celebrate YOU!
5. It’s back!! Saturday May 10th is Freak Lunchbox’s Candy for Kids Day where all of the proceeds of their bulk candy sales are donated to local children’s hospitals. Candy for Kids is an annual event that will help save and improve the lives of sick children and their families across Canada. Together they have raised $10, 669.00 for our local Children’s Hospitals: IWK Health Services in the Maritimes, Alberta Children’s Hospital in Calgary, the Janeway Foundation in Newfoundland and Operation Enfant Soleil in Montreal. So grab a bag and load it up at either Halifax location; Sunnyside Mall in Bedford or Barrington Street in Halifax!