1. Calling all comic book fans – Saturday is free comic book day! Head out to any of the participating locations around the city to pick up your free comic and start reading.
Kid’s comics will be available at all stores.
2. Head to the Art Gallery on Sunday for the annual “Mold It, Build It, Carve it” Children’s Festival that’s all about sculptures. Come ready to explore different ways to create 3-D artwork, meet some artists at work, and make your own cool sculptures!
3. On Sunday you can come tour the aircrafts that fly into hurricanes! NOAA hurricane experts will visit Halifax, Nova Scotia flying aboard a USAF Reserve WC-130J hurricane hunter aircraft along with the NOAA G-IV aircraft to raise awareness of the impacts from tropical cyclones. Meteorologists with Environment Canada’s Canadian Hurricane Centre (CHC) and Atlantic Storm Prediction Centre will also be on site to answer questions about tropical storms and hurricanes.
4. Get the whole family out this weekend and Walk So Kids Can Talk! Head to the Emera Oval for a stroller and pet friendly 5K walk in Support of Kids Help Phone. Your help ensures someone will always be there to listen when kids need to talk!
5. Saturday is the day to head to VIA rail and hop aboard! It’s a free Family Day event open to the general public to promote rail safety and general safety for all. They will have a model train set displays, operation lifesaver presentations, Lego display, Ambassatours double-decker bus on display, train books and videos and best of all FREE TRAIN RIDES starting at 10am, last train ride at 4pm!