1. Discovery Centre has a SUE-per day planned for Mother’s Day! And mom gets in for FREE! It’s not only the last day to visit A T. rex Named SUE, they’re also adding special programming your mom would love! Learn about the stars in the digital planetarium or spend the day with special guest Artists in Residence from NSCAD and local galleries! From 11am-4pm, local artists will help guide you with the Science of Art in making your own comics, engineer your own superheroes, and 3D card-making worshops!
2. Celebrate your mom by taking her to Mother’s Day lunch at Hatfield farm! She’ll get a quarter-chicken dinner, time in the rubber rodeo, a wagon ride and snuggles with all the cute animals!
3. Woozles is throwing a Curious George Party! A curious one, at that! They’ll have a giant costume character, stickers, activities and storytime. And anyone who arrives wearing a yellow hat will win a prize!
4. It’s Open City Saturday and that means that tons of businesses will throw open their doors for you to take part in eating delicious food and trying new things! Get out there and explore this awesome city!
5. The first Saturday of May every year is free comic book day! Free Comic Book Day started in 2002 and has become a very popular event all over the world with millions of comic books to be given away worldwide! It’s a great event for kids and adults alike as all the locations have suitable comics for kids available. This year the event falls on Saturday and lots of comic book stores around the city are participating!
6. It’s time for Artist For a Day at NSCAD! Everyone is welcome to try your hand at painting, pottery, printing, letterpress, designing, filmmaking, animation, and much more! Everything is hands on! Artist For a Day is a wonderful event for people of all ages. Bring your kids. Bring your grandparents.