1. It’s Sports Day in Canada tomorrow and the whole family is invited to a free celebration of sports. Come learn about and test a variety of different sports and participate in some fun activities that will get everyone moving.
2. The Sackville Business Association is hosting a showing of the popular Christmas movie Elf, staring Will Ferrell. Bring the whole family on Saturday and get in the spirit of the season.
3. Head to Alderney Landing this weekend for the annual Christkindlemart – a traditional German market that includes carousel rides, musical performances, a visti from Santa and a special “nativity story” performance by the maritime marionettes.
4. It may be “a tale as old as time”, but Disney’s Beauty and the Beast gets a fresh new look in Unicorn Theatre’s magical production thanks to their talented young cast of more than 30 actors from grade 2-11. It’s a great performance for all ages and is on this weekend and next so be sure to check it out.
5. Sullivan’s Pond is the place to this weekend for the annual Dartmouth Tree lighting event. There will be fireworks, train rides, musical entertainment and lots more. If you’ve been before you know this is one holiday event not to miss!
6. The Mahone Bay Father Christmas Festival kicks off this evening with a tree lighting and lantern parade and more fun all weekend long. It’s worth the drive to see all the life size santa figures, decorated homes, sleigh rides and more!