1. Hop Skip Jump is celebrating their first anniversary and you’re invited to the party! Come meet Milo the Clown, get your face painted, win some prizes and more.
Plus enjoy some time on their amazing play structure.
2. Come to the library and make a special valentine’s card for Canada’s veterans. It may seem a little early to be thinking about Valentine’s Day, but it is the perfect time of year to think about our veterans.
3. The Maritime Museum of the Atlantic is bringing back Teddy Bears Ahoy! Bring your bear down to be registered and referenced and learn about how items are acquired at the museum! Your bear will become part of the exhibit, don’t worry you will get it back after!
4. This year, Habitat NS is working with Santa to support his efforts to go Green for the Holidays! The ReStore has been officially named as one of Santa’s remote toy workshops and will be taking in gently-used toys and renewing them for new boys and girls! Drop your gently used toys off at their toy drive on Saturday!
5. The Happy Hobo in Moonland at the Central Library on Sunday is a live theatre performance for families that shows how we use our imagination for play. Using mime, masks, puppets, and foolishness, Happy Hobo creates a land of make-believe. Rhys Bevan-John brings 25 years of theatre experience to bear in this new one-man-show for kids.
6. THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED. Always loved the classic, glamorous look of 1940s hairstyles? The Discover Culture Retro Hair Workshop is your chance to learn how to recreate the signature style of the era, victory rolls!