Happy Thanksgiving from all of us at Urban Parent. What a great weekend to hop in the car and do some exploring!
1. It’s Thanksgiving at Kejimkujik! Come enjoy the annual pumpkin carving contest, haunted hikes, and take a dip at the annual Cold Turkey Swim.
There’s no better place to camp over the long weekend!
2. The Youth Running Series is at it again with the Valley Harvest Kids Run in Wolfville on Saturday. This free, un-timed event, is open to all children up to and including age 12. So lace up your sneakers and come join in the fun!
3. Head to Wentworth with the family for a memorable Thanksgiving Weekend at the Fall Festival of Colours. Lots of fun, outdoor activities for kids, guided hikes, chairlift rides, a BBQ and more!
4. Cineplex has partnered with Autism Speaks Canada to present a Sensory Friendly Screening of Hotel Transylvania 2 on Saturday. It’s presented in a lights up, sound down environment for individuals with autism spectrum disorder and their families.
5. A giant pumpkin regatta, miniature train rides and a parade are just a few of things waiting for you at the Windsor West Hants Pumpkin Festival this weekend! Bring the whole family for lots of pumpkin fun!