1. The weather is looking lovely for this weekend’s Fall Festival of Colours! Leaves are turning shades of red, yellow and orange; blueberry fields are bright red and pink and the views from the top of the mountain are spectacular.
Head to Ski Wentworth with the family for a memorable Thanksgiving Weekend with The Festival of Colours! Lots of fun, outdoor activities for kids, guided hikes, bouncy castles and a bbq. Ride the chair up and walk down one of the many trails!
2. It’s Pumpkin Food & Folklore at Alderney Landing every Saturday and Sunday in October from 10am-1pm. Head down for all things pumpkin including free pumpkin decorating!
3. It’s Thanksgiving at Kejimkujik! Come enjoy the brilliant colours of fall and the annual pumpkin carving contest, haunted hikes, and take a dip at the annual Cold Turkey Swim. There’s no better place to camp over Thanksgiving weekend then at Kejimkujik National Park.
4. The Youth Running Series is at it again with the Valley Harvest Free Kids run in Wolfville on Saturday at 6:30pm at the Acadia Running Track. The Kids Run is a free, un-timed event open to all children up to, and including, age 12!
5. The Museum of Natural History has launched a new permanent exhibit, Sable Island: Over the Dunes, Beyond Wild Horses. Sable Island National Park Reserve, 300 kilometers southeast of Halifax, is famous for its wild horses and shipwrecks. The exhibit explores the rich diversity of plants and animals that thrive on the sandbar island despite the winds, waves and isolation. The 2,000-square-foot exhibit includes a recreated research station and a sandbox that allows visitors to change the island’s topography by moving the sand. The exhibit also includes a rearing horse skeleton that rotates so visitors can see it against a backdrop of a window mural of two full-sized stallions. The exhibit features selections from the largest Maritimes walrus collection in the world, with skull, jawbone and tusk specimens dating back to the mid-1700s.
6. The Maritime Fall Fair is bringing the country to the city! The 2014 Maritime Fall Fair will take place from October 9 – 13! Come enjoy the animals, exhibits, competitions, shows, midway and much more!