1. Shop over 70 makers, collectors and artisans from across Nova Scotia during Etsy: Made in Canada, a national grassroots initiative celebrating crafters, collectors and artisans in local communities across Canada.
2. It’s Halifax VegFest! Come experience the best vegan-friendly exhibitors that Halifax has to offer. Browse the aisles of over 50 exhibitors selling a variety of delicious vegan food and drink, ethically made clothing, cruelty-free beauty products, kitchen accessories and more. Enjoy food trucks, fresh pressed juices and more!
3. Join in for an afternoon of sculpture with Sculpture Sunday at the AGNS! Learn more about sculpture techniques with hands on demonstrations by Sculpture Nova Scotia and by viewing 3D art works at the Art Gallery of Nova Scotia and experimenting with your own ideas and materials in the Gallery studios to make your own!
4. The Maritime Museum is proud to once again be a venue as part of Culture Days with a Symphony Nova Scotia performance where they will share orchestral highlights for their upcoming 2015/16 season, including a selection of popular and classical music.
5. Take a trip to the Valley for the Wolfville Deep Roots music festival’s family sunday! There will be a puppetry workshop, rhythm instrument and mask making, a drum circle, percussion parade, kids shows and more!
6. Make Waves is more than just a sailing race, it is a movement to support the IWK Health Centre. In one way or another, the IWK touches every community and every family in the Maritimes. Head to DeWolfe Park to see the sailboats and join in the community party with bouncy castles, a hockey shootout with Geoff Regan, facepainting, free massages and more!