Summer is coming to an end far too quickly for my liking. It's almost September! How did that happen? Sheesh. Guess we'd better enjoy our summer weekends while we can, eh? This weekend certainly isn't looking great for weather (hello Hurricane Bill – go away please!), but hopefully at least it'll hold off long enough to enjoy some of the wonderful family events on this weekend. I'll be off camping this weekend so I'm *really* hoping for good weather.
And on to a quick round-up for this weekend:
- alFresco filmFesto, Friday August 21 at 8pm, Halifax waterfront. This week's film is Peter Pan – A Disney Animated Original.
- Sambro Sou' Wester Days, Friday August 21 to Sunday August 23, Sambro. Celebrating the 251st Anniversary of the Founding of the Sambro Island Lighthouse. Lots of events for families, including parade, lighthouse tours, family carnival, rubber duck race, fireworks and more.
- Nuts4Ribs Festival, Saturday August 22 from 11am to 11pm, Halifax waterfront. The purpose of Nuts4Ribs is to raise awareness and educate men and their families about testicular cancer and raise funds which go to the Canadian Cancer Society in support of testicular cancer research and awareness in Atlantic Canada. Among lots of other things, there will be a children’s play area (complete with bouncers, games and activties) and lots of music.
- Eastern Shore Homecoming, Saturday August 22 from 10am to 4pm, Lake Charlotte. Come home to the Eastern Shore for a day of meeting friends and family, while learning about Eastern Shore heritage. Free admission.
- Safari Presentations, Saturday August 22 at 2pm, Keshen Goodman Library. All ages. Shake, groove and be spellbound as African performers entertain you with drumming, dance and storytelling.
- Incredible Picnic, Sunday August 23 from 11am to 3pm, venues all over Nova Scotia. Leave the day-to-day routine behind and get back to the roots of family, community, nature and good food. Food, live music, and children’s activities will ensure this is a memorable experience for you, your family, and friends.
- Shakespeare by the Sea, Point Pleasant Park. The Jack and the Beanstalk shows this weekend are on Saturday August 22 at 1pm and Sunday August 23 at 7pm.
Have a great weekend everyone!