Tis the season for good food, good friends and good drinks. If you’re looking for something new to take to a Christmas party this year, why not try All The Fixins’ Cheese Ball from President’s Choice.
I had the opportunity to try this delicious appetizer recently at the PC Holiday Party and it is definitely on my list of appetizers to make this year. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) PC® 100% Pure First-Pressed Canola Oil
- ½ cup (125 mL) diced white onion
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chopped fresh thyme
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pkg (250 g) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) PC® Cranberries Sweetened Dried Fruit
- 2 tsp (10 mL) PC® Horseradish Mayo Sandwich Spread
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded PC® Aged 2 Years Canadian Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) PC® World of Flavours Turkey Stuffing Flavour Rippled Potato Chips
- Heat oil in small skillet over medium-high heat. Fry onion, thyme and pepper, stirring, 2 to 3 minutes or until onions are browned. Reduce heat to low. Continue to cook 3 to 4 minutes or until onions are tender. Transfer to heatproof bowl; let cool.
- Beat together cream cheese, cranberries and cooled onion mixture in bowl of stand mixer with paddle attachment until smooth. Add mayo and shredded cheese; continue to beat until combined. Scrape onto centre of a large square of plastic wrap. Gather wrap around mixture and form into a ball. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 2 days.
- Crush chips in shallow bowl with the back of a spoon until coarse crumbs form. Remove cheese ball from plastic wrap and roll in chips until covered all over. Transfer to serving platter; surround with remaining chips. Garnish with fresh parsley sprigs if desired.
- Per serving: 190 calories, fat 15 g, sodium 220 mg, carbohydrate 8 g, fibre 1 g, protein 6 g