This holiday, Chef Kathy Jollimore invites you to take back the Christmas cake! This modern day version will please any guest at your holiday table: a lightly spiced PC® Gluten Free Golden Cake, creamy spiced rum buttercream, rich Dulce de Leche and the new PC® The Decadent Chocolate Ganache.
This is seriously the most decadent cake I have ever tasted!! It’s official name (much like the cake itself) is a mouthful… Golden Gingerbread Cake with Dulce de Leche, Spiced Rum Buttercream and Chocolate Ganach. Or as I like to call it, To Die For Cake.
I had the opportunity to sample this yummy creation at a recent Holiday PC Insiders event. Trust me, you’ll want to add this to your recipe collection.
- 2 PC® Gluten Free Golden Cake Mix
- 1 tbsp. ground ginger
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. cloves
- ¼ tsp. cardamom
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 jar PC® Dulce de Leche Caramel Cream Spread
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 3 ½ c. powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp. spiced rum
- PC® The Decadent Chocolate Ganache Pots
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease 3 8” cake pans and fit the bottom with a piece of parchment. In a large bowl, whisk together the cake mixes with spices. Whisk in eggs, oil and water just until smooth. Divide equally among prepared pans. Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 min. Allow to cool completely before removing from pans. Carefully level the cake tops.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle (or using hand beaters), beat the butter until light in color and fluffy, Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, beating well on high after each addition. Add the rum and beat another minute until incorporated. Place some of the buttercream in a pastry bag.
- To assemble the cake, invert one cake onto a cake stand. Pipe a border of buttercream around the cake. Fill with half of the dulce de leche. Invert a second cake on top and repeat. Top with the third cake. Ice the cake with the remaining buttercream, creating a naked cake effect if desired. Heat 2 ganache pots in the microwave for 15 seconds. Pour evenly over the top. Allow ganache to set before serving.
- Created by Chef Kathy Jollimore for the President’s Choice® Insider’s Collection™.