A family in Dartmouth contacted Halifax Regional Police when a small needle was discovered in a chocolate treat. The victim had unwrapped, and begun to chew, a candy bar from his grandsons treats. He states he then felt a sharp pain in his mouth while chewing. When he removed the contents from his mouth he discovered a small needle with a yellow plastic ball on the end of it. The child to whom the treats belonged to was trick or treating in the area of Waynewood Drive, Brompton Road and the Bonnie Brae Trailer Park, in the city of Dartmouth.
Source: Media Release