Great idea in the latest Style ad Home magazine…had to steal it right away and try it out! It’s a perfect way to add a great punch of energy to your space through artwork.
What you’ll need:
- fun fabric
- embroidery rings in multiple sizes
- separate the embroidery ring into it’s two pieces
- lay out the fabric on a hard, flat surface (easier for cutting!)
- place the smaller of the two rings on the fabric…move it around so you see what you like inside the ring
- cut the fabric at least 2 inches wider than your smaller ring
- set the fabric, face down, on top of the larger ring
- set the inside ring on top of the larger, outside ring. Centre and push down to tighten and secure the fabric
- gently pull the fabric until it’s nice and tight inside the rings
- tighten the screw on the side of the embroidery ring to secure
- trim the excess fabric
- hang on the wall
And you can’t beat the price. I bought my supplies at Value Village…the “vintage-y” looking fabric is actually a set of curtains that I scooped up for $9.99 (and I have TONS left over for other projects), and both embroidery rings for $1.49 & $1.99.
I’m on the lookout for more embroidery rings, so I can expand this art piece all along the wall. I’ll mix up the fabrics too, so it will really have some punch!