Actually, this post should be called “Awesomer By August” because I’m already pretty freakin’ awesome.
Before I hit the road on my trip across Canada, I challenged myself with something I called Toned in 21. Toned in 21 isn’t a fad diet creatd by some crazy doctor or “nutritonist”, but it was a challenge that I created for myself to try and get motivated to workout and be healthy as I’ve been having a bit of difficulty doing that lately.
Fast forward two months, and I’m still having a hard time motivating myself to get in the gym and even though I’ve been eating well Monday to Friday, with it being summer and with there being a lot of BBQs and beer on the weekend, I’ve been undoing all the good things that I do during the week.
Here’s where “Awesome By August” comes in… A challenge created by my friends Steve at Running on Awesome, Kerri at Kat Does Diet, and Brooke at Brooke: Not on a Diet to have an awesome 4 weeks and get healthy and support eachother, all with prizes and a bit of competition. I LOVE competiton and I love a good challenge.
Here are the official rules!
- Sign up is until Today, Tuesday July 12th at 10pm EST. You can sign up by liking the Awesome by August Facebook Page!
- The challenge runs from July 11th, 2011 to August 8th, 2011. That’s four weeks of awesomeness.
- A status update asking for weigh ins will be posted weekly, and you can respond with your weight in the comments. You have until 10pm EST on July 12thfor the inital weigh in, after that ALL other weigh ins must be posted by each Monday at midnight EST.
- Everyone who participates in each weekly weigh in will be entered in the drawing for a prize (winners will be randomly selected). Those who participate in ALL weigh ins are eligible for a second prize, which will also be randomly selected.
- Pariticpants will also be encouraged to have non weight related goals as well, and to post them on the facebook page. Whether it be run a 5k, bench 200lbs, whatever you’d like
- Have fun!
I’ve signed up, I’ve done my weigh-in and I even went as far to take my measurements because as we all know, scales lie and I want to know how much progress I make in the next 4 weeks.
So, if you’re up for the challenge, sign-up today and come along for the ride!
My starting weight and measurements are:
Weight: 185 lbs
Waist (at naval): 38.5″
My goal is:
I’d like to lose 10lbs in fat and put on 5lbs in muscle. This is going to be VERY hard to do in only 4 weeks, but I’m up for the challenge.