RAINMEN 90, KEBS 80
Halifax Rainmen Record: 1-1
The Rainmen split their opening regular season road games as they bounced back from their season opener loss to the LS Cavs, and knocked off the Quebec Kebs last night, 90-80. In what looked to be a close game, the Rainmen and Quebec Kebs were knotted at 65 after three quarters until the Rainmen won the closing quarter 25-15. The Rainmen went on a 10-0 in the final minutes which included a couple of key three balls from Desmond Ferguson and guard, Gary Ervin.
Without an online feed for last night’s game, we once again break down the boxscore:
- Great defensive effort from the Rainmen, as they held the Kebs to 20/50 FG (40%) shooting
- Desmond Ferguson and Tony Bennett led the Rainmen with 14 pts apiece
- Halifax Starting Five: Bennett, Ferguson, Strickland, Ervin and Crookshank
- Big Boards: Eric Crookshank worked the glass, grabbing 20 rebounds to go with his 4 pts and the Rainmen outrebounded the Kebs 52-47
- Points in the Paint: Looks like the Rainmen got it done down low, scoring 46 points in the paint to the Kebs’ 36 pts
- The New Faces on the Rainmen: Plummer – 10 pts, 2 threes and Underwood – 3 pts, 3 rebounds
- Canadian Watch: St. FX alum, Gallimore – 4 pts, 3 rebounds
- Hat-tip to the Kebs: Samuel Audet-Sow – 30 pts, 6 rebounds, 2 steals
Post Game Links:
The Rainmen went on a 16-6 run with about six minutes to go to break open a close game and post a 90-80 victory over the Quebec Kebs at the University of Laval on Thursday night, evening their Premier Basketball League record at 1-1.
Tony Bennett and Desmond Ferguson topped the Rainmen with 14 points each. Gordon Malone added 13 while newcomer Greg Plummer and Gary Ervin had 10 each. Power forward Eric Crookshank pulled down 20 rebounds, tying a franchise record set by Rob Sanders a year ago against Manchester.
Rainmen have their regular season home opener on Sunday in a rematch against the Quebec Kebs (Pop star, Elise Estrada will be performing at halftime)…