I’ve had this huge jar of coconut oil that Tropical Traditions sent me to review sitting in my cupboards for months. After seeing Kath put a spoonful on her baked sweet potato, I instantly thought of making a batch of coconutty sweet potato fries.
Decided tonight was the night to test out the idea. For the two of us I used:
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into “fries”
- 1tbsp coconut oil
Yup, that is. Not even any seasonings.
Coconut oil is a solid fat that turns into oil under heat.
While the fries cooked, I pulled out this huge ass bag of broccoli that we picked up from Costco. Trying to get through it all before it goes bad.
And tasted even better. The coconut oil really brought out the sweetness of the potato. This is a stellar combo!! I wanted to eat the whole pan full. ;) Depending on the size of your sweet potato this would be 4-5 points.
Served with boneless pork loin that was baked with homemade apple sauce. Love pork + apple!
Side of trees.
Some general thoughts:
- Tomorrow is my 2nd WI after getting back on track. Cross your fingers it goes well for me please. I had a pretty great week but after a huge loss last week I don’t really expect much.
- I DVR’d the first episode of “Losing It With Jillian” and watched it the other day. I was really excited for the show but I have to say that I didn’t find it to be that special.
- At Subway you can order Egg White subs. They are fantastic!
- I wish it would stop raining so that we can get the garden finished. This weather is annoying me so much.
- The Kite Runner is a fantastic read so far. I’m about half way through and it’s another one of those books that I don’t want to put down.
Okay, that’s all. Going to tidy up.