Is it just me, or was last night’s episode of Cougar Town just only so-so? Maybe it is just me. I’ve never been the biggest Travis fan, and I openly hated Kristen, so maybe it’s because the whole Travis is heartbroken storyline leaves me a little cold. Maybe there wasn’t enough wine involved. Maybe it’s because I didn’t find Lou Diamond Phillips that funny. Anyway, it’s not that the episode was bad, it just wasn’t one of my favorites.
I can still find five things to love about it, though, so here are the weekly five things I loved about Cougar Town.
- Grayson. I thought Grayson was the best part of this episode for a couple reasons. First, his impression of Travis. That was brilliant, even though it did get really creepy and weird when he then kissed Jules. Second of all, I love when Grayson and Ellie interact, and adding Tom into the mix made it even more fun. The Chalk Children of the Corn storyline was my favorite from the episode.
- Tough love. Even though I’m not a huge Travis fan, I do occasionally enjoy the relationship between him and Jules. When she finally put her foot down and gave him some tough love about dropping out of college, I was happy. She had a right to be disappointed and angry, but the whole thing went down in a way that was still comedic.
- The fact that Travis one-night-standed Jules was also pretty funny. They were supposed to do brunch!
- While I didn’t love the Lou Diamond Phillips/Penny Can development, I am interested to find out what Bobby and Laurie will do with the money.
- Jules saying that after her and Bobby’s divorce “It took me a year to bounce back” as Bobby simultaneously says “Worst weekend of my life”. Oh, those two.
What did you think of the episode? Are you excited for next week’s double-episode Hawaii bonanza?