Halifax Regional Police have charged a man in relation to a criminal harassment investigation that occurred in Dartmouth last year.
On December 28, 2023, police received a report of incidents that occurred in Dartmouth during October and December of 2023 between a man and a woman who was known to him. During that time, the man had broken into the woman’s residence on a number of occasions and threatened her to obtain property and cash from her.
Last night, officers arrested the man at a residence in Dartmouth without incident.
Gammon Jay Leacock, 49, is scheduled to appear in Dartmouth provincial court today to face charges of:
- Uttering threats to cause bodily harm or death
- Criminal harassment by repeated communication
- Fraud under $5,000
- Unlawfully in dwelling house
- Use and possession of a stolen credit card (x4)
- Theft under $,5000
- Failure to comply with conditions of a court order (x2)
We are not releasing any further details out of respect and concern for the victim’s privacy and well-being.