Thursday, October 17, 2013 (Halifax, NS) – HRM is calling on residents to participate in Curbside Giveaway Weekend on Saturday and Sunday (Oct.
19-20). Help discover the “hidden treasures” in your neighbourhood, community, and city.
It’s another way to rethink garbage while protecting our most precious treasure – the environment.
The old adage, ‘one person’s junk is another person’s treasure’ will be seen from one end of our municipality to the other, as people put to the curb things they’ve either outgrown or underutilized.
Reusing and recycling household items reduces the pressure on our municipal facilities.
- Place reusable household items at the curb in front of your home on Friday evening
- Only place items for “FREE” with ‘free’ stickers or signs on the items
- Remove leftover items from the curb by dusk on Sunday
- Consider donating unclaimed items to charitable organizations
- Remember to place garbage for collection on your regular garbage day and week. Regular limits and preparation is required.
Examples of treasures to set out for the Curbside Giveaway include: books, CDs and DVDs, furniture and small appliances, sports equipment, toys, tools, and construction materials.
For a list of unacceptable items and for more details on the event, please visit: www.halifax.ca/wrms/CGAW.html
This event happens RAIN or SHINE. Please use your discretion when deciding whether to put items out to the curb.