Health Canada has announced a recall for the Chateau Ivory Burlap Curtain Valance with Ties, a product sold by Casa Rustica through Etsy Canada. The curtain panels, made of burlap and lined with cotton, come with fabric ties and are available in an ivory color. The recall is due to a strangulation hazard the product poses to young children. Although there have been no reported incidents or injuries as of October 1, 2023, consumers are strongly advised to stop using the curtains immediately.
Details of the Affected Product
- Product Name: Chateau Ivory Burlap Curtain Valance with Ties
- Issue: Strangulation hazard
- Time Period Sold: May 2021 to March 2023
- Place of Origin: Manufactured in the United States
- Sold Through: Etsy Canada
The Chateau Ivory Burlap Curtain Valance with Ties does not meet the requirements set forth by the Corded Window Coverings Regulations. The cords on these window coverings pose a strangulation hazard to young children, who may pull the looped cords around their neck or become entangled in them.
What Consumers Should Do
- Immediately stop using the recalled curtain valance.
- Keep all cords away from children.
- Contact Casa Rustica for repair instructions.
For further information, consumers can reach out to Casa Rustica via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Canada Consumer Product Safety Act prohibits the redistribution, sale, or giveaway of recalled products in Canada.
Health Canada’s Recommendations
Health Canada advises consumers to opt for cordless window coverings to mitigate the risk of strangulation. The agency also encourages Canadians to report any health or safety incidents related to consumer products by filling out the Consumer Product Incident Report Form.
- Manufacturer: Casa Rustica, Oxford, New Jersey, United States
- Identification Number: RA-74401
- Original Published Date: October 11, 2023
- Category: Consumer products – Household items
International Recall Information
This recall is also posted on the OECD Global Portal on Product Recalls website, where you can find more information on other international consumer product recalls.
For a comprehensive understanding of the recall and to keep your family safe, it’s crucial to follow the guidelines provided by Health Canada.