2:07 am - Friday, May 25 2018
Home / Archives / Bedford Beacon / Earth Hour 2010 30 days away

This content is from our archive. It may be outdated, inaccurate or missing media.

 

www.bedfordbeacon.com_wp-content_uploads_2010_02_earth-hour-2010

Earth Hour 2010 30 days away

Maybe you had a romantic dinner by candlelight, or played charades with your kids.

Somehow the hour without lights, televisions, computers and xbox passed quickly.

The old-fashioned way of entertainment didn’t seem so boring!

What activities will you participate in this March 27, during Earth Hour 2010?

Visit www.wwf.ca/earthhour/ and www.earthhour.org for information on Earth Hour at home and around the globe.

Follow these steps to make the most of Earth Hours, given on the Earth Hour websites:

-Take a stand and pledge to turn off your lights on March 27 at 8:30 p.m.

-Join the conversation on Facebook and Twitter.

-Spread the word. Last year 52% of adult Canadians participated. Let the other 48% in on the fun!

-Download a toolkit for ideas on what to do during the hour and how to get your friends, family and neighbours excited.

-Coming soon: Find an event in your city.

-Coming soon: Enter our video contest to win a great prize! Or vote on your faves.

earthhour.org explains this amazing world-wide demonstration:

“Earth Hour started in 2007 in Sydney, Australia when 2.2 million homes and businesses turned their lights off for one hour to make their stand against climate change.”

“In March 2009, hundreds of millions of people took part in the third Earth Hour. Over 4000 cities in 88 countries officially switched off to pledge their support for the planet, making Earth Hour 2009 the world’s largest global climate change initiative.

Earth Hour 2010 takes place on Saturday 27 March at 8.30pm (local time) and is a global call to action to every individual, every business and every community throughout the world.

It is a call to stand up, to take responsibility, to get involved and lead the way towards a sustainable future.

Iconic buildings and landmarks from Europe to Asia to the Americas will stand in darkness. People across the world from all walks of life will turn off their lights and join together in celebration and contemplation of the one thing we all have in common – our planet.

So sign up now and let’s make 2010 the biggest Earth Hour yet!.”

About Haligonia.ca

See news happening near you? Tell us. Click here to email our team.

 

The views and opinions expressed in this content are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of haligonia.ca.

You might also like...

Our final post…

Our final post…

Benny and Reed Holmes, editor and publisher of the Bedford Beacon.

Dear friends of the Bedford Beacon,

The time has come for...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *