Nova Scotia Business Inc. (NSBI) has announced a newly approved production through the Nova Scotia Film and Television Production Incentive Fund today, Oct. 9.
The television series, Curse of Oak Island Season 6, produced by Tell Tale International Inc., has been approved for a funding commitment of $3,970,883 based on an eligible Nova Scotia expenditure of $13,460,622.
More details about productions approved for incentives through the Nova Scotia Film and Television Production Incentive Fund are available on the NSBI website at http://www.nsbi.ca/filmfunding .
- the fund applies to eligible costs such as labour, goods or services purchased from a Nova Scotia-based supplier
- when an application is approved, NSBI issues a commitment letter which can be used for bank financing. When the applicant enters the official incentive agreement, the agreement can also be used for the financing process
- when the production is approved for a funding commitment, the funds are placed in reserve
- when the production is complete the applicant submits a final claim to NSBI for processing and disbursement
- all applications and claims are processed and approved by NSBI
To learn more about the application process, eligible costs and guidelines, go to Nova Scotia Film and Television Production Incentive Fund at http://www.nsbi.ca .