A heavy fire presence was on Grant St in Dartmouth for hours Monday afternoon after a small home became involved with a stubborn fire.
Neighbors gathered around the area to watch as fire crews tackled the blaze from every angle, including cutting open the roof and hosing from above. Some neighbors said that the home was uninhabited by the owner, but was used as a storage. Police were on hand to provide security.
Hours after the first trucks responded to the scene, and the area was deemed safe, fire crews began tearing down gear and heading back to quarters. Fire Investigations were called in and on scene quickly.
According to their release, this fire is considered accidental and originated from the basement from an electrical issue. They also say that no injuries were reported from this incident.