Sometimes you need to take every step possible to keep your teeth looking their best. And while brushing and flossing are crucial, a complete set of veneers may be required to give you the smile you want.
A veneer is a thin covering that fits over the front surface of a tooth to change its appearance or improve its shape. These days, many people choose to have their teeth whitened. However, many still need to learn how these veneers help you achieve the perfect smile.
- Basics About Veneers & Their Fitting
A veneer is a thin covering that fits over the front surface of a tooth. These veneers are usually made of porcelain. With the help of a dental professional, they can easily fit over your teeth to give you that perfect smile you desire. Let Our Dentists Improve Your Smile Through Our Treatments and find your ideal smile with veneers.
Veneers are not like crowns or other therapeutic measures which involve reshaping or rebuilding the dental structure. Instead, they help by changing how something appears (without changing its underlying system). This makes them valuable to change how your smile looks, covering unsightly stains or discoloration and improving their shape and overall appearance.
- Different Types of Veneers
There are several types of veneers that have been developed to meet the needs of the patient. However, some of the more popular ones include the following:
- Flipper Veneers – This is an excellent solution for patients who suffer from tooth decay. The veneer acts as a cover for the damaged teeth and thereby protects them.
- Laminate Veneers – These veneers usually conceal discolored or misshapen teeth (like overbites). They are also used in cosmetic dentistry so that your teeth look whiter and brighter.
- Post Plant Veneers – These are veneers bonded to your existing teeth. They allow for a quicker and easier time getting your desired smile.
One of the latest advancements in veneer technology includes porcelain veneers, which allow for much more natural-looking results.
- How Veneers Improve Your Smile?
Veneers are thin coverings that act to change the way something appears. However, when we look at it this way, it may seem that they can only provide you with some real improvement. However, in reality, veneers can help you in many ways:
- They protect your teeth by covering them, preventing decay or other issues like discoloration.
- Veneers allow for corrections on the color of your teeth. They provide the perfect solution for patients who suffer from discolored teeth and therefore do not feel comfortable showing their smile to others.
- Veneers can also help improve their shape and appearance. Since veneers are thin and blend in with your teeth, they allow for that perfect smile that can appear natural to your real ones.
Additionally, veneers can be used to correct any malpositioning of your teeth. Through veneers, it is possible to fix this so that they appear correctly aligned and aligned so that you have the perfect smile you desire.
Many assume that veneers are only for people with discolored or unsightly teeth. However, this couldn’t be further from the truth, as not all patients need them to get the desired results.