As promised, this is my first FOTD testing out the Marcelle BB cream and some other drugstore products that I fall in love with.
This was what I wore on Saturday running errands, oh glamorous me!
For the face:
– Moisturizer and primer: Marcelle BB cream in Light to Medium
– Foundation: MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC37
– Under eye concealer: Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Dark Circle roller
– Blemish concealer: Hard Candy Glamoflauge in Medium
– Blush: Stilla Convertible in Peony.
I loved how easy my foundation went on top of the BB cream, and throughout the day, my face didn't feel dried out. Concealing flaws was also easier. Believe me, I have lots of those to conceal.
I did feel the Light to Medium shade was a smidge light for my skin tone, but once I applied foundation on top, my face and neck do not have different tones. Yay!
On the eyes:
– Base: Maybelline Color Tattoo in Pomegranate Punk
– Eyeshadows: L'Oreal Infallibles in Hourglass Beige in the inner corners and under brow bones, and Golden Mahogany in the outer corners
– Eyeliner: Annabelle Smoothies in Cocoaloco and Gosh Velvet Touch eyeliner in Banana
– Mascara: Le 2 de Guerlain mascara in Black.
It's interesting how Pomegranate Punk and Golden Mahogany are in the same colour tone, being from 2 different brands. They compliment each other well, but in general, you don't have to use the base the same colour as the eyeshadow. Hence you don't need to own all the Color Tattoos to use as base, thought I should point that out.
And on the lips:
– NYX lip liner in Purple Rain
– Revlon ColorBurst lipstick in Fuchsia.
Interestingly, Fuchsia doesn't look fuchsia on my lips but I don't mind a rosy pink, quite opaque too.
All in all, all products I tried out with this FOTD worked really well. I did anticipate some drawback but there was none. By the time I went to take off the makeup before bed, my face still looked pretty much the same. No creasing, only my blush faded a little, and lipstick of course. You know I'm always a drugstore kinda girl, this just confirms it even more.
By the way, you can see the red and purple in my hair with these pics. I had my hair ombre'd when I was on vacation. I quite like the way it turned out.