Merry Christmas (and Happy Holidays) everyone!
This is not really a festive smoky-eye-red-lip look for the occasion, I realize that. But it’s something out of my comfort zone that I thought a holiday would be the right time to share
I wanted to show you how LA Girl Glazed lip paint in Coy looks on the lips, paired with Elf smudge pot in Poppin Party for a monotone purple look.
Like I said, it’s not an everyday type of look.
I prepped outside the lip line with Rimmel Moisture Renew Universal transparent lip liner, then layered on Coy for colour payoff – one layer with the applicator on the tube and another layer with a lip brush.
I was only going to use Poppin Party as a base all over lid with a synthetic brush, but after blending it out with a transition shade (see below), it looked great on its own, so I only added a light inner corner colour for some contrast.
Also contributing to the monotone purple look is Wet n Wild Petal Pusher palette:
– Pink brow bone colour as highlight and inner corner
– Bronze pink eyelid as transition to blend Poppin Party upward
– A mix of bronze pink eyelid and violet crease shades as blush.
Other products I used:
– Marcelle CC cream in Golden Glow (no foundation)
– Maybelline Baby Skin Instant pore eraser
– It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eyes full coverage concealer in Neutral Medium
– Annabelle Smudgeliner in Vortex Violet on lower lash line
– Lise Watier Wow mascara in Black
– Annabelle InstaGlam Brow Design + Fix in Medium to Dark and Wet n Wild Color Icon brow & eye liner in Dark Brown.
I almost missed Christmas this year. Sure, the streets here have become so insanely busy with people celebrating, and certain areas of town are beautifully decorated with multi-coloured lights. However, not every family here (including mine) celebrates Christmas the same way most do in North America, so I didn’t realize how close Christmas Eve was, i.e. now, at the time the post goes up!
Anyway, I hope you are spending this festive time with your loved ones. I am not doing much (catching a cold and all) but watching the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show with my family during dinner, and that’s festive enough in my book
Another thing I can’t afford not mentioning – the insanely large sale page on Sephora website. If you didn’t see my tweet, I panicked and ordered a few things like 5 minutes before receiving the VIB Rouge 20% off code. Fun time!