The Rainmen have a tough test ahead of them, as they face off against the Lawton-Fort Sill Cavalry Friday night in Halifax. Halifax’s lone loss came against the Cavalry when they faced off earlier in the season. This will be the Rainmen’s last home game before they head on the road for two games, one against the Manchester Millrats and another against the undefeated Puerto Rico Capitanes.
Halifax played the Cavalry in their home opener when Halifax lost 102-87 in Oklahoma. The Rainmen struggled from three-point land in that game, where they shot a miserable 4 for 25 from three. Brandon Dean scored 19 pts and Wayne Marshall scored 18 for the Cavs.
Halifax will look to win their fourth game in a row after defeating the Vermont Frost Heaves 119-109 last Saturday evening. The Cavs on the other hand, are fresh off of a loss as they blew their 20-point lead against Puerto Rico, losing 101-94. It was their first loss of the season.
Keep an eye on…
- Leading scorer: DeAnthony Bowden 17.2 ppg
- Leading rebounder: Elvin Mims 6.8 rpg
OTHER RAINMEN NEWS:
- Well here comes more roster moves…. Halifax released centre Gordon Malone and point guard Antwan “Antifreeze” Dobie
- Andre Levington on Malone: “We decided to release Gordon Malone because we needed a more versatile player in that role”
- The Rainmen also traded a 2011 second round draft pick to the Manchester Millrats for 6’7″ forward, Marlowe Currie
- Latest tweet on Currie:“Direct quote from Levingston on Currie: “He can step out and hit the three so he’s a mismatch for a lot of other forwards.” (via @metrorainmen)
- Currie was on the PBL All-Playoff Team last season with Halifax’s Desmond Ferguson (formerly of Manchester)
- Also, check out Haligonia’s Q and A with Halifax’s own, Devon Norris