Canada is not known for lots of advent calendars in the beauty world, we have been glancing jealous green eyes toward the UK bloggers for years.
This year, Hard Candy came out with 2 advent calendars at Walmart. I grabbed them off Walmart Canada website since I hadn’t seen them in stores.
This post is more to let you know what hide behind those little doors and their sizes. Trust me, it is not easy to find out the full size of these products, as Hard Candy website does not mention them.
Here are the front of 12 Days of Beauty (left) and 12 Days of Nail (right).
The back does include pictures of the products inside, so don’t look ahead if you want surprises. I do look to make sure I get my money’s worth.
The 12 Days of Beauty calendar includes “Best of Hard Candy” minis.
– Walk the Line liquid eyeliner in Asphalt (0.14oz/ 4.2ml, full size, reg. $6)
– Fierce Effects daring lip gloss in Skyfall (0.11oz/ 3g vs. 0.5oz full size, reg. $5). Not an everyday colour!
– Sheer Envy colour correcting primer (0.35oz/ 10g vs. 1.6oz full size, reg. $8)
– Take Me Out eyeliner pencil in Soy (0.02oz/ 0.6g vs. 0.3oz full size, reg. $5)
– 2 Eye Def glitter eyeshadows in Robot and What Sandy Says Goes (0.04oz/ 1.2g each vs. 0.44oz full size, reg. $6)
– 2 Glow All the Way face and body luminizers in Doll Face and Glamazon Bronze (0.35oz/ 10g each vs. 2.7oz full size, reg. $9)
– 2 Plumping Serum volumizing lip glosses in Girl Next Door and Swan Lake (0.04oz/ 1.2g each vs. 0.1oz full size, reg. $6). Both are light pinks.
– Lash Tinsel glitter mascara in Spellbound (0.04oz/ 1.2g vs. 0.6oz full size, reg. $6)
– Glamoflauge heavy duty concealer in Light (0.25oz/ 7g vs. 0.71oz full size, reg. $7).
Overall, I am a little disappointed with the amount of glitters in this set. The only products I really want to try are the Glow All the Way luminizers and the Sheer Envy primer.
The 12 Days of Nail calendar carries 12 mini best selling nail polish shades.
– Bachelor Party (Crystal Confetti 2014 collection)
– Fireworks (Crystal Confetti 2013)
– Wedding Crasher (Crystal Confetti 2014)
– Bridal Party (Glitterazi Fall 2013)
– Bitty Blue (Itsy Glitzy 2013)
– Celebrate Sequins (Crystal Confetti 2013)
– Fairy Ball (Crystal Confetti 2014)
– Pop-arazzi (Pop Art 2014)
– Little Hottie (Itsy Glitzy 2013)
– Black Tie Optional (Crystal Confetti 2013)
– Pee Wee Purple (Itsy Glitzy 2013) and
– Piece of Papaya (Itsy Glitzy 2013).
Very “confetti and glitter” heavy. If you like that type of finish, you are in heaven 🙂 The bottles are 0.09oz/ 2.7ml each (vs. 0.26oz/ 7.8ml full size, reg. $4).
Each advent calendar retails $9.97 each at Walmart. Stay tuned for swatches of another holiday kit tomorrow 🙂