Another great recipe from my good friend Krista from Bent Fork Nutrition.
1 cup – Protein Powder
½ cup – Flour (quinoa, spelt, wheat)
2 cups – Rolled oats
½ cup – Oat bran
½ cup – Ground flax seed
½ cup – Wheat germ
1 tsp – Sea salt
1 tsp – Cinnamon
¼ tsp – Nutmeg
½ cup – Honey
1 cup – Dark chocolate, broken into pieces
1.5-2cups – Fat free cottage cheese
1 tsp – Vanilla
2 tsp – Olive oil
Blue Menu Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a 9×13 pan with cooking spray
- Combine protein powder, flour, oats, oat bran, flax seed, wheat germ, sea salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and honey in a large mixing bowl. Stir in chopped chocolate pieces.
- In another bowl, mix the cottage cheese, oils and vanilla. Mix well. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix well, using your hands if necessary (coat with olive oil to prevent sticking).
- Place mixture on prepared pan. Press it down to even out the top. Bake on the middle rack in the oven for about 15min. Let cool and cut into bars. Place bars on cookie sheet and bake again for another 15min or until golden.
- Place in airtight container and keep refrigerated.
Makes 20-24 bars
Nutrition Information Per Serving:
80 mg sodium