On August 28 at approximately 8:30 p.m., Ingonish RCMP responded to a serious two-vehicle collision involving a van and a small car. The collision occurred on Meat Cove Road in Capstick. The collision left three people from the small car with serious but non-life threatening injuries.
The driver of the van initially fled the scene. Through investigation, the RCMP determined the driver of the van intentionally struck the small car with his vehicle, and caused it to run off the road. The RCMP subsequently located and arrested 48-year-old Simon Bonnar, the driver, for:
- Mischief Causing Danger to Life (3 counts)
- Assault with a Weapon
- Assault Causing Bodily Harm
- Aggravated Assault
- Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle
- Failure to Remain at the Scene of an Accident
- a number of applicable charges under the Motor Vehicle Act.
Bonnar was held in custody until today, where he attended Port Hawkesbury Provincial Court. He has again been remanded, and will appear in court on Sept. 12. The investigation is ongoing.
Source : Media Release