The 2011 Prospect Road Community Clean Up this Saturday, April 30th!
If you or your group would like to be part of this annual event please contact Peter Jollimore at firstname.lastname@example.org or Rose Caissie at email@example.com. The event will be held on April 30th in various communities that make up the Prospect Road.
You can join in a group already working in an area or choose your own area that needs some care and attention. Groups can choose their own start times and locations for the morning. Please take part, meet your neighbours and contribute to your communities.
Below is a list of groups, locations and times we are aware of. Feel free to forward this anyone you wish as the more people we have the cleaner our community will be.
- 8am the Prospect Road Lions Club, Citizens on Patrol, Toes In the Water youth group and other volunteers are meeting at the Irving and cleaning towards the start of the Prospect Road
- 9am in Terence Bay and Lower Prospect meet at the old fish plant, the leader of this location is Rose Caissie.
- 9am at the park off Cathy Road in Brookside. The Brookside Homeowners are leading this clean up of a few Brookside locations including parks and road sides.
- 9am at the bottom of Bayview Drive the will be some Cubs, Brownies and pathfinders there with their parents cleaning up to the top of Bayview.
- 9am at the Our Lady of Mount Carmel Church Hall in Prospect Village. The Prospect Peninsula Residents are leading this group.
- 9am a group is meeting at the playground in Pinedale Park to clean that subdivision.
- 9am McDonald Lake Residents Association will meet by their mailboxes and clean their subdivision.
- 1pm residents of Dover will be cleaning their community in the afternoon meeting at the Village Green. Kristen Dick is the area coordinator.
Anyone else is welcomed to join and clean other areas of concern to them. Meet at Prospect Road Elementary School on Saturday at 9am for bags and rubber gloves. To top it all off HRM Community Development, the Prospect Road Lions Club and local volunteers are hosting a BBQ at noon at the Prospect Road Community centre.
Local volunteers will again be acting as chefs for the afternoon bar be que that brings together people from throughout our communities who have helped contribute to making their communities better places to live.
Feel free to join any group close to you.