It’s National Literacy Day and we’re celebrating with this super easy home made bookmark that’s great for even the youngest kids to make.
What you’ll need:
card stock, scissors, hole punch(s), glitter, glue stick, ribbon, packing tape
1. Cut paper into a rectangle sized to fit a standard book
2. Use glue stick and glitter to make a design on one side of the paper
3. Wrap bookmark with strips of packing tape so that it extends over the edges.
4. Rub over top of bookmark to smooth and secure tape, especially around glitter areas. Use scissors to trim excess tape around the edges.
5. Use scissors or a corner hole punch, to decorate each corner of the bookmark.
6. Punch a hole in the top of the bookmark and tie a piece of ribbon through the hole to complete the bookmark.