So here we are, Day 2 of the 2013 vacation fiasco. We finally arrived in Maine and are settled in the hotel in Bangor. After an eternal drive, we arrived to do some shopping.
I have to admit, the kids are better travelers than I am…. my husband would agree!
Here are the highlights:
- Girls loved shopping at Justice and we loved that it was 40% off.
- We lost our minds at WalMart… you can’t beat their $4.00 bathing suits for the girls. And of course, I found my old favourite wine, Lucky Duck. At a price of $4.97 a bottle, you can’t go wrong.
- We used hotel points for two nights in the hotel so they are FREE.
- We were upgraded at the hotel so we have a huge room. We need it!!
- The girls loved Build-a-Bear. It’s been a few years since we’ve been to one and they really enjoyed the whole experience today.
- We finally dropped the dog (Wacko) off to my inlaws. It is not easy to travel with a 63 lb dog, two kids and two adults.
Here are the lowlights:
- The LL Bean Factory Outlet was a bit of a let down. Most of the backpacks already had someone else’s name or initials on them. Very odd!
- I am much too impatient to sit in a car for six hours, even if it IS to go shopping.
- Did I mention that the “free hotel” is at the airport. Glad I brought my earplugs!
- The pool at the hotel that the girls were very much looking forward to is the size of a tub at a physiotherapy clinic. They are NOT impressed!
- WE HAVE NO WINE OR BOTTLE OPENER! SHOCKING. I had to take my Lucky Duck down to the hotel bartender and beg him to open it for me. Luckily he took mercy on me (I think he could sense my desperation).
But I guess the most important thing (besides locating my Lucky Duck wine) is that we are making memories for a lifetime. I think the girls will remember this haul for a long time to come (or at least I hope so).
Outlet shopping tomorrow. Wish us luck (and more wine)!