Police have charged a man for firearms offences in relation to an ongoing investigation.
Yesterday at approximately 9:30 a.m. officers received a threats report where a man had threatened a person who was known to him. Officers located the man driving a vehicle in Dartmouth. The vehicle was stopped, and the man was arrested. Officers seized a loaded firearm.
A residence in Halifax was also searched in relation to the investigation and a firearm and ammunition were seized.
The investigation is in the early stages and the investigation is ongoing.
Markeit Sinclair Symonds, 26, is scheduled to appear in Halifax provincial court today to face charges of:
- Carrying a concealed weapon
- Possession of a firearm without a license (x2)
- Possession of a firearm in a vehicle
- Possession of a loaded prohibited or restricted firearm (x2)
- Possession of a prohibited or restricted weapon without a license (x2)
- Possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm with ammunition
- Possession of a weapon dangerous to the public peace (x2)
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm (x2)
- Storing of a firearm or restricted weapon contrary to regulations (x2)
- Improper storage of a firearm (x2)