For the holiday, Make Up For Ever comes out with this Ultimate Long Lasting Lip kit with 6 full sized Aqua Rouge liquid lip colours (2 x 0.08oz/ 2.5ml each) and their matching Aqua Lip liners (0.04oz/ 1.2g each).
If you haven’t indulged in one of these Aqua Route/ Aqua Lip items, here’s a brief description for them.
Aqua Rouge line includes highly pigmented and long lasting liquid lip colours. The formula includes high molecular weight polymers and volatile oils to make the product creamy, non sticky and glide on the lips easily. They will not transfer!
Aqua Lip Waterproof lip liner pencils are creamy, water/smudge-proof and long lasting. The vitamin E and jojoba wax in the formula allow easy application and comfortable wear on the lips.
The colours range from neutral to dramatic. From L-R, by pair:
– 8C and 8 Iconic Red
– 2C and 2 Rosewood (a rosy nude)
– 14C and 14 Light Rosewood (a muted rose)
– 10C and 10 Raspberry (a berry plum)
– 16C and 16 Fuchsia and
– 18C and 18 Coral.
The double ended packaging of Aqua Rouges suggests a 2 step application – apply the lip colour (with a foam applicator), then add the clear top coat (with the polyester brush) to lock in the colour.
The Aqua Lips have standard lip liner format.
I did follow the artist tip printed on the box:
– Use an Aqua Lip to line the center of the upper and lower lips and each corner of the mouth
– Draw a line from each corner to the center
– Apply Aqua Rouge from the corner to the center of the lips
– Finish with Aqua Rouge clear top coat.
The claims for both products stay quite true, I did not have any discomfort wearing these shades, nor they transfer to tea mug/ water glass, etc. as long as I allow the colour to dry before the clear top coat.
– 8C and 8 Iconic Red is a great red, with orange undertone
– 2C and 2 Rosewood, a rose with heavy brown undertone
– 14C and 14 Light Rosewood is a bit more rosy.
– 10C and 10 Raspberry is a berry leaning red
– 16C and 16 Fuchsia suit their names
– 18C and 18 Coral is more neon IRL but still wearable.
I know nude lip lovers would wish for a shade in their spectrum, as Rosewood is not really there yet. And purple lovers like me would wish for a purple, but we can’t fit them all in the kit lol.
Pigmentation wise, Coral is the sheer one among the 6, takes 2 swipes instead of just one. I already have FOTDs lined up to show you the colours on the lips, stay tuned!
The kit retails for $168 (values $312 – Aqua Rouge and Aqua Lip retails $29 and $23 each respectively) at Sephora, Limited Edition.