- Many of our pending developments – like the Convention Centre and Central Library – come to life
- More ships in our harbour
- A booming Halifax as a result of the Irving Shipbuilding contract
- Many of our grads are able to find jobs in their fields and start to build a career
- Halifax continues to grow and prosper as we seek to truly be the international city imagined in our economic strategy vision
- The empty lots, holes and buildings in downtown Halifax filled with vibrant new businesses
- A renewed sense of partnership among those working to grow Halifax
- More engagement and collaboration between universities, colleges, industries and employers
- More community activists
- Fewer community gatekeepers
- We are able to make a tangible, recognizable, positive contribution to a new, sustainable sense of spirit and confidence throughout our city, region and province
- Open up Georges Island to tourists. It’s way better than Alcatraz and could generate lots of interest
- More experimental learning to compliment classroom learning
- Bus transportation that is friendly for the visually impaired
- Cogswell interchange replaced with great green space
- Commuter transportation solutions for the downtown
- 2012 municipal elections to feature more public participation and more debate on important issues
- More businesses taking advantage of the green economy
- Increasing diversity in our community and workforce
- Another great year for Halifax and the Partnership
- The best city in Canada….Wait, we already have that!
Thanks and Safe Travels,
From all of us at the Partnership
P.S. We’ll leave you some milk and cookies in the lunchroom.
You might also like...
Earlier this week, we published a story on a clown arrest in Barrington, NS. The...