It is GROSS out; been storming all day – snow, freezing rain and slush. Ick ick ick. I had to make a trip to the grocery store before heading home and even with Winter tires, I was sliding every where.
Usually I defrost something for Supper in the morning before I leave but opps, not today. Instead, I decided it was the perfect night for a warm bowl of soup and a toasted sammie.
I always see the boxes of Imagine Organic Soups at Superstore but have never tried ‘em out. Chose the Creamy Butternut Squash. Nutrition info is pretty great; love it when I can find soups that have under 500mg of sodium per serving.
I warmed the soup up on the stove and added a sprinkle of curry powder and fresh ground pepper. It was thick, creamy and filling. Mmm mmm! A tasty way to get in a serving of veggies.
My sandwich was actually an ezekiel tortilla with lean ham and swiss cheese warmed in the oven and then rolled up with mustard, tomato slices & spinach.
I have to admit that I’m disappointed with the 10-15cms of snow that’s currently coming down out there. I was really looking forward to getting outside for my run tonight but….. looks like it’s going be on the dreadmill instead. Oh well, gotta do what I gotta do. So glad that its only 3K though.
Before I sign off, I want to thank Jenny – Diary of a Fat Girl & Her Drive to be a Thin Girl for selecting me for the Beautiful Blogger Award.
1. When I was 16 I went on a student exchange and lived in Montreal for 2 months. I had the time of my life and much to my Mother’s dismay, came home with a permanent reminder of the trip. For the record I got two other tattoos after this one, hate them both and wish that I could afford laser surgery to get them removed. This one I don’t mind though.
3. I’m afraid of dandelions. Well not really anymore, but when I was younger I hated, actually was terrified of this one particular type of dandelions that had little black things in the middle. Used to call them “Yucky Dandelions.” To this day when I walk by them I shudder. [Image Source]
5. I’ve never broken a bone or had a cavity in my life. *knock on wood*
6. I like my water room temperature. [Image Source]
7. I’m always paranoid about leaving things plugged in and the house will catch on fire. I’ve driven 15-20 mins and turned around and drove all the way home just to be sure. This includes the stove, oven, coffee maker and hair straightener.