Police arrested two individuals, seized two handguns and quantities of marihuana and cocaine after executing a search warrant at a home on Highway 7 in Lake Echo last night.
The Guns and Gangs Unit of the Integrated Criminal Investigation Division and Halifax District RCMP executed a search warrant at a home on Highway 7 and arrested 32-year-old Rene Joseph Garron and 32-year-old Matthew Newell, both of Lake Echo.
During the search, officers seized two handguns and quantities of marihuana and cocaine.
Both individuals have been charged with the following offences:
· Possession of a Controlled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking x 2
· Unsafe Storage of a Firearm x 2
· Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm x 2
· Possession of a Weapon Dangerous to the Pubic x 2
· Unauthorized Possession of a Loaded Firearm x 2
. Unauthorized Possession of a Stolen Firearm x 1
. Unlawful Production of a Controlled Substance x 1
Garron and Newell were held in police custody overnight and will appearing in Dartmouth Provincial Court today.