**** HRP Media Release
Police charge five people after search of illegal cannabis dispensary
Police have charged five people after conducting a search of an illegal cannabis dispensary yesterday in Dartmouth.
Shortly after 11:40 a.m., members of the Drug Unit of the Integrated Criminal Investigation Division conducted a search warrant at Atlantic Compassion Club Society located at 141A Main Street. Investigators seized over $9,000, approximately 2.5 pounds of cannabis and approximately 700 other cannabis products.
Four men and a woman were arrested without incident:
- Colton Bordage, 25, of Dartmouth
- Travis Dwyer, 32, of Cole Harbour
- Andre Hemlin, 24, of Dartmouth
- Corez Willams, 22, of Dartmouth
- Tarra Comeau, 40, of Halifax
The five accused are scheduled to appear in Dartmouth Provincial Court today to face charges of:
- Possession of cannabis for the purpose of distributing contrary to Section 9(2) of the Cannabis Act
- Possession of cannabis for the purpose of selling contrary to Section 10(2) of the Cannabis Act
- Possession for the use in production or distribution of illicit cannabis contrary to Section 13(1) of the Cannabis Act
- Possession of property obtained by crime contrary to 354(1)(a) of the Criminal Code
The only legal way to buy recreational cannabis in N.S is through NSLC outlets. The only legal way for Canadians to access medical cannabis is through Health Canada. If anyone has information about illegal sales, they are encouraged to report it to police or Crime Stoppers.