**** HRP Media Release
Police charge man with 10 weapons-related offences and drug trafficking
Police have charged a Halifax man with 10 weapons-related offences and drug trafficking after a search in Halifax this morning.
At approximately 12:10 a.m. investigators in the Drug Section of the Integrated Criminal Investigation Division, with the assistance of the Quick Response Units and Patrol members, conducted a search of a residence on Glenora Avenue in Halifax. A man who was inside the residence was arrested without incident. Investigators seized a small quantity of cocaine, cash, ammunition, as well as a shotgun.
Leonidas George Kapsalis, 30, of Halifax, is scheduled to appear in Halifax Provincial Court today to face charges of:
- Careless use of a firearm, Criminal Code 86(1)
- Careless storage of a firearm, Criminal Code 86(2)
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose, Criminal Code 88(1)
- Possession of a firearm knowing its unauthorized, Criminal Code 91(1)
- Possession of a firearm without a license, Criminal Code 92(1)
- Possession of a prohibited or restricted weapon, Criminal Code 95 (1)
- Possession of a firearm contrary to an order, Criminal Code 117.01
- Possession of cocaine for the purpose of trafficking Controlled Drugs and Substance Act (5(2)
- Breach of probation, Criminal Code 733.1(1)(a) X2