Police have charged a man with weapons and drug offences in relation to a search in Halifax yesterday.
At approximately 4:30 p.m. members of the Drug Unit of the Integrated Criminal Investigation Division conducted a search of a residence in the 5500 block of Cogswell Street in Halifax in relation to an ongoing investigation. Investigators seized a loaded firearm, ammunition, cash and a quantity of cocaine and fentanyl. A man was arrested at the residence without incident.
Justin Muir, 44, is scheduled to appear in Halifax Provincial Court today to face charges of:
- Possession of a weapon dangerous to the public peace
- Possession of a loaded prohibited or restricted firearm
- Possession of a firearm obtained by crime
- Possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Storing a firearm contrary to the regulations
- Unsafe storage of a firearm
- Possession of a firearm or ammunition contrary to a court order (x 2)
- Possession for the purposes of trafficking (x 2)