Police have charged a man with multiple offences in relation to a robbery that occurred in Dartmouth last night.
Shortly after 8 p.m. on February 10 police were called to a robbery that had occurred at the Lawton’s Pharmacy located at 6 Primrose Street in Dartmouth.
A man broke into the pharmacy using an axe which he brandished at an employee who ran out of the store. The suspect took a quantity of pharmaceutical products and fled the area.
At approximately 5:15 a.m. this morning officers located the suspect on Windmill Road in Dartmouth in a vehicle that had been reported stolen from a Halifax residence on February 9.
Thirty-three-year-old Shaun Trider of Dartmouth is scheduled to appear in Dartmouth Provincial Court today to face charges of:
- Break and Enter 348(1)(A)
- Robbery 344(1)
- Possession of a weapon 88(1)
- Possession of property obtained by crime over $5000 355(A)(vehicle)
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000 355(B)(pharmaceuticals)
- Operating a conveyance while impaired by alcohol and/or drug 320.14(1)(a)
- Operate a conveyance BAC equal to or exceeds 80 mgs in 100 ml of blood 320.14(1)(b)
- Breach of Recognizance 145(3) x6
Source : Media Release