Police have laid firearm and drug trafficking charges after a search of a residence in Halifax yesterday.
At approximately 4:10 a.m. members of the Guns and Gangs Unit, along with member of the Drug Unit and the Emergency Response Team, conducted a search of a residence in the 2500 block of Brunswick Street in Halifax in relation to an ongoing investigation. Officers arrested a man and a woman at the scene and seized a loaded firearm, over capacity magazines, a quantity of cocaine and cash.
A 57-year-old woman and an 18-year-old man are scheduled to appear in Halifax provincial court at a later date to face charges of:
- Possession of firearm obtained by commission of an offence
- Possession of a restricted or prohibited firearm with ammunition
- Possession of a restricted or prohibited firearm or ammunition with no license
- Possession of firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized
- Possession of a prohibited weapon
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Unsafe storage of a firearm
- Unsafe storage of a firearm contrary to regulations
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking