Police have charged a man with numerous weapons offences in relation to weapons call last week in Halifax.
At approximately 11 p.m. on March 27, police responded to the 2300 block of Gottingen Street in Halifax after local residents reported hearing possible gun shots. Police officers who were in the area also heard the shots and were on scene within seconds.
A local business sustained damages as a result of the gun fire. A suspect vehicle was observed fleeing the scene southbound on Gottingen Street. An unidentified male, on foot, was observed fleeing the scene northbound on Gottingen Street.
On April 2, Investigators with the General Investigative Section of the Integrated Criminal Investigation Division arrested 23-year-old Javon Dominick Steed.
Steed is scheduled to appear in Halifax Provincial Court today to answer to the following charges:
- 86(1) X 3 CC- Careless Use of a Firearm, Prohibited Weapon (Tazer), Prohibited Device (Oversize Cartridge Magazine)
- 86(2) CC – Unsafe Storage contrary to regulations
- 88 X 3 CC- Possession of a Weapon/ Prohibited Device/ Ammunition for a Dangerous Purpose
- 91(1) CC – Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
- 91(2) X 3 CC- Possession of Restricted Weapon, Prohibited Weapon and Prohibited Device
- 92(1) CC – Possession of a Firearm knowing it is Unauthorized
- 92(2) X 2 CC- Possession of Prohibited Weapon/ Prohibited Device knowing it is Unauthorized
- 94(1) X 3 CC- Unauthorized Possession in Motor Vehicle of Restricted Firearm, Prohibited Weapon and Prohibited Device
- 95(1) CC- Possession of Restricted Firearm with Ammunition
- 108(1)(b) CC- Possession of a Firearm Knowing that the Serial Number on it has been Altered, Defaced or Removed
- 117.01(1) X 4 CC – Possession of Weapons Contrary to a Prohibition Order ( Restricted Firearm/ Prohibited Weapon- Taser/ Ammunition/ Prohibited Device- Oversized Magazine
Source : Media Release