The Guns and Gangs Unit of the Integrated Criminal Investigation Division executed a search warrant at a home on Old Mines Rd in Mount Uniacke on Thursday evening, July 30.
During the search, officers seized 15 weapons (handguns and long guns), ammunition and quantities of the drugs clonazepam and oxycodone.
Fifty-five-year-old Donald Halpenny of Mount Uniacke was arrested at the home and is charged with:
· Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking in Clonazepam
· Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking in Oxycodone
· Unsafe Storage of a Firearm x 4
· Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose
· Unauthorized Possession of a Weapon x 2
· Possession of a Firearm Knowing it is Unauthorized x 14
· Possession of a Restricted/Prohibited Firearm with Ammunition x 4
· Possession of a Weapon Obtained by the Commission of an Offence x 2
Halpenny occurred in Dartmouth Provincial Court today. Further charges are expected and the investigation is continuing.
Note to media: The following units also assisted with yesterday’s search: Lower Sackville and Rawdon RCMP, National Weapons Enforcement Support Team (NWEST), Conservation Officers from the Department of Environment, Nova Scotia Power and the Department of National Defence.