**** HRP Media Release
Update: The suspect in the release sent on November 5 in relation to multiple thefts in Halifax has been identified.
We thank the public for their assistance
Police seek public’s assistance in identifying a suspect in thefts from stores
Police are seeking the public’s assistance in identifying a man responsible for 12 thefts from stores in Halifax over the last month.
The man enters a store, selects items and leaves without paying for the merchandise. Some of the items taken include alcohol, cigarettes, lotto tickets and small appliances.
The thefts occurred at stores in Halifax:
- October 9: Atlantic Superstore, 3601 Joseph Howe Drive
- October 12: NSLC 1094 Queen Street
- October 15: Atlantic Superstore, 3601 Joseph Howe Drive
- October 18: NSLC, 5540 Clyde Street
- October 20: Shell, 2616 Robie Street
- October 21: Shoppers Drug Mart, 6025 Almon Street
- October 26: Needs, 6130 Chebucto Road
- October 27: Petro Canada, 7015 Bayers Road
- October 28: Needs, 5881 Duffus Street
- October 28: Needs, 6130 Chebucto road
- October 28: Ultramar 2816 Gottingen Street
- November 4: Irving 5450 Inglis Street
The suspect is described as a white man in his 40s-50s, approximately 6’ tall, 170 lbs, with grey hair and a beard.
Police are releasing photos of the man and are asking anyone who has information about his identity to call police at 902-490-5020. Anonymous tips can be sent to Crime Stoppers by calling toll-free 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), submitting a secure web tip atwww.crimestoppers.ns.ca or using the P3 Tips App.