Well here they are! After making a couple different batches, these are the final product. This scone is not overly sweet; a blend of lovely Fall spices and great with a cup coffee or tea.
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- dash of salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup almond breeze
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and grease baking sheet.
2. Add flour to large mixing bowl.
3. Mix in baking powder.
3. And a dash of salt.
4. Next is one of the most important ingredients in the recipe (obviously), pumpkin pie spice!
5. Then comes the sugah!
6. Melt butter in ramekin dish, stir in molasses and heat for 30 seconds.
7. Pour butter/molasses combo into dry ingredients. Mix with hands.
8. Add almond breeze, keep mixing away.
9. And last but not least, work the pumpkin into the dough.
10. Divided dough into two balls. Flatten out each ball of dough and using a butter knife, cut in half, and then into three scones. Repeat, making 12 scones in total. * In order to keep the dough from sticking, you will need to grease your hands and the knife.
11. Arrange your scones on the tray, spacing them evenly apart.
12. Sprinkle the tops with sugar and bake for 15-17 mins.
Pumpkin Spice Scones!!
I plugged the ingredients into the Weight Watchers Recipe Builder and they worked out to 3 points each. They are quite filling and make the perfect little snack. FYI – this batch is already half gone… 😉
Enjoy and let me know if you try them.